Saturday, December 24, 2005

Hands in my Pocket - credit card commercial update

Its pretty amazing, since I’ve last posted, according to Site Meter, approximately 50 people or so have stumbled across the Terriblelands via Google Search trying to find more info about the famous (or is it infamous now?) CapitalOne credit card commercial!!! It really is great. But I'm not going to get a credit card from them, because I don't need one and can't afford it.

Anyways, thanks to Adtunes, I just found out that the artist who was commissioned to write the song for the commercial released the full length version on his website today!!!

Sooooo… click here to listen to the song and browse the artist’s website.
(To Googlers across Canada, your search is over!!- BUT if the link above doesn't work, scroll down and read the comments for more info)

And now, just for fun, the unofficial lyrics (I may have misheard some of the words as I typed it out) to the full length song, as partially heard and seen on TV from the Capital One credit card commercial!!!
-----------------
Hands in my Pocket by Jim Guthrie (2005)


CHORUS:
Hands in my pocket
Hands in my pocket
Hands in my pockets

Hands in my pockets
Hands in my pocket
Hands in my pockets
-----
Birds sing, Jet stream
Laser beam, I know the queen
All in a dream, Walking around
Hands in my pocket

Phone rings, melodic themes
Devious scheme, and then I scream
What does it mean, walking around
Hands in my pocket

CHORUS

BRIDGE??? :
Oh when I’m walking
Walking out in hopes I’d find an answer
But no matter how hard you fall
No matter how high you climb
It just gets heavy sometimes
-----
Downstream triple cream
Surgical team, a love supreme
All the things I’ve seen
All in a dream
Hands in my pocket

Birds sing, Jet stream
Laser beam, I know the queen
All in a dream, Walking around
Hands in my pocket

CHORUS
-----------------
Edit (April 26, 2006): Go here for update about the commercial.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the ALS commercial song, where there's the man running and running, i think it's a Jim Guthrie song.

Tim said...

unfortunately, i have no idea what you're talking about...but i think your best bet would probably be to visit jim guthrie's site or adtunes.com. good stuff.

Anonymous said...

can anyone get me the hands in my pocket song asap. its not avil on jim's site anymore?

thanks

daryl@hotsince.com

daryl

Tim said...

the song is now streamed at:
http://hype.non-standard.net/track/55880

and also:
http://hype.non-standard.net/track/45103

(just copy and paste the links)

Anonymous said...

That is such a disgusting, seeing people walking around with someone else having a hand in their pocket and irritatingly repetitive commercial that I think it should be taken off.

Anonymous said...

to the person wondering about the als commerical. the songs for both are by jim guthrie. the hugging commerical is a song called "hug you till i'm blue" and the one with the man running is a song called "trust".